Friday, June 26, 2009

Cinderella

Stir-fried chicken with broccoli, a random Thai veggie that resembles a wee cabbage, mixed in a firey flavorful Thai red pepper sauce with dark purple rice on the side. Oh my!

And for dessert crispy guava with a warm coconut sugar and spice sauce that reminds me of the taste of caramel dipped apples from a county fair.

And he wouldn't let me help at all! He always wisely chooses all the fresh produce and chicken from the Thai market down the street, and then lets me rest on the bed reading my book while he cooks away in our little red plug-in hot pot on our tiny balcony.

I never knew how fun it would be to be married to someone whose love language is serving. It makes me feel like Cinderella who never dreamed she would one day be a princess.

But the thing is, I love to cook and invent dishes that bring joy to the eater's taste buds. Yet, since we dont have a kitchen, and only a hot pot, and it's easier for my hubby to do the market shopping, I haven't had the chance to shower my husband with food love. But at least I have had the chance to receive his showering.

The day is coming though, perhaps only five weeks away, when we will return to Waxhaw and stay with my parents for awhile at their house where there is a kitchen with an actual stove and oven, and a grocery store nearby with American products that aren't grossly over-priced!

As for now though, I will enjoy being Cinderella with my Prince.

No comments: